In August, our team member Rachel, is heading to KL! She'll be conducting introduction to modern calligraphy workshops with Cziplee and you can choose to attend:
(1) Morning session: 10am - 2pm
(2) Afternoon session: 3pm -7pm
Sign up here: https://www.artmakr.com/classes
Find the workshop descriptions below:
In this digital era, nothing says more than words created with your hands and heart.
Come spend a weekend learning the basics of modern pointed pen calligraphy in this guided 3.5-hour workshop - everything from the rich history of calligraphy tools and how to use them, to writing letters, joining them to form words, and even planning out quotes!
This class is suitable for complete beginners who want to try out calligraphy for the first time, or beginner-novices who have some experience in other forms of lettering (watercolor, brush pen etc), and want to explore other writing mediums.
1) Learning about tools, how to handle, use and care for them
2) Getting used to a pointed pen: writing form, basic strokes
3) Writing letters, forming words, practicing your writing
4) More information: resources, DIY ideas, next steps in calligraphy
This Class Includes
- 3.5 hours of guided calligraphy
- Take - home Calligraphy Kit curated by Rachel
- 1 x Interchangeable 2-in-one dual pen holder (straight and oblique)
- 1 x Jar of calligraphy ink
- 1 x set of in-class worksheets
- 1 x Nikko G nib
- 1 x additional nib (type of nib subject to availability)
- 1 x A5 Rhodia practice pad
- Bonus: Workshop exclusive calligraphy quote exemplar and one original handpainted card
* All materials are yours to take home at the end of the day
* The class may get messy, we advise you to wear darker colored clothing
How can I know if my seat is confirmed?
- Slots are only confirmed once full payment has been made.
Are there minimum age requirements to participate in the event?
- We recommend that students be at least 10 years of age.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Best to Grab to CzipLee. You can park in Bangsar Village II, or you can always try your luck going around the Telawi area!
What if I am late or I can't make it for the class?
- Please try to be punctual to the workshop so as not to inconvenience other participants.
- In the case that you are late to arrive at the workshop or unable to attend the workshop due to any circumstances, we will not be obliged to wait for you to arrive to start the workshop, nor provide you with a refund. However, we will leave the workshop kit at CzipLee for you to collect at your convenience.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- If you would like someone to replace your slot, do inform us or CzipLee (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2 working days in advance.
About the Instructor
A writer and aesthete at heart, Rachel has always been in love with the power of words. Circa 2016 saw the start of her calligraphy hobby, and since then a humble interest in the art of writing has grown into a budding full-time career - something she did not even dare to dream of in its inception. While she conducts workshops, does on-site calligraphy, takes on commissions, designs stationery for events, and even has the privilege of working with corporate clients, her favourite part of calligraphy is in the personal touch it lends to writing - something that can’t be replicated.